History of the Ameru people of Kenya (possible links to exodus story)

Discussion in 'Black History Main Forum' started by Nanyanika Elikem, May 17, 2017.

1. Nanyanika Elikem

Nanyanika Elikem New Member

Not sure if anyone is aware of this info. I found this from internet source, needs deep study but i just put up this little tidbit of info I found. ilevi since you are boss finding the everehs, maybe you could look more into this hope this helps..

History of the Ameru people

The Meru tribe or Merus is a Bantu ethnic group. They reside on Mount Kenya's agriculturally rich northeastern slopes, in Kenya's Eastern Province. The name Meru refers to both the people and the location. Merus are primarily agrarian, raising a few domestic animals.

The Meru tribe is divided into seven sub-tribes, namely: Tigania, Igemebe, Imenti, Miutuni, Igoji, Mwimbi and Muthambi. The Chuka and Tharaka are now considered part of the Meru but they have different oral histories and mythology.

The Meru have a somewhat detailed, confusing and intriguing history and mythology compared to other Kenyan tribes. Their history states that the Meru were once enslaved by the "red people". They eventually escaped and, in their exodus, came across a large body of water called Mbwaa, which they crossed by magical means. They later followed a route that took them to the hills of Marsabit, eventually reaching the coast of the Indian Ocean. They stayed there for some time, however, due to poor climatic conditions and threats from the Arabs, they were forced to travel further south through the Tana river basin, until they finally reached the Mount Kenya area where they reside today.

Culture and lifestyle of the Meru people
    The Meru tribe is a fairly homogeneous group composed of nine sub-tribes, each of which speaks its own dialect of the Kimeru language. The Imenti dialect is common among the sub-tribes. Differences in the dialects reflect their varied Bantu origins and influences from the Cushites and Nilotes, as well as their Kikuyu and Kamba Bantu neighbors.

The Meru are agriculturalists who have done well due to the good climatic conditions of their land. The majority of Meru people are subsistence farmers who live on small family plots where they raise food and cash crops. The fertile land produces a large variety of food crops, including staples such as corn, beans, potatoes, and millet. Coffee is the most popularly grown cash crop, along with tea and cotton. Merus are also best known for farming miraa, a stimulant plant.

Male circumcision is still one of the most significant rituals in Meru culture. This rite of passage transforms a young man into an adult, giving him the right to marry, acquire wealth and property, and make independent decisions. Just like other Bantus, a bride price in the form of cows, goats and sheep is paid by the groom's family to the bride's family before marriage. A man is considered the head of the household and has defined roles and duties. Women tend to the farms and raise the children.

Traditionally, Merus had a strong clan (family) system that controlled the basic operations of all families within the clan. Although the clan system has nearly vanished, the extended family still retains a very powerful influence on the lives of individual family members. The entire family is tasked with making important life decisions on behalf of each family member, such as during marriage ceremonies.

The Meru tribe also have a strong educational foundation provided by Christian mission schools and are among the most influential ethnic groups in Kenya. The main education institutions were started by the Catholic, Methodist and Presbyterian churches who settled in the district in the early years.

References: This information has been gathered from a number of sources. The best general sources about Kenyan culture are Andrew Fedders & Cynthia Salvadori's excellent "Peoples and Cultures of Kenya" (1979: Transafrica, Nairobi), and the equally good series of booklets produced by the Consolata Fathers in Nairobi, sadly now out of print. Specific sources that have been of help in writing this site are credited where appropriate.
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Hator

Hator Active Member

Interesting piece? I like the part where they said their ancestors were enslaved and upon escaping they crossed a large river by magical means. That is very similar to the exodus story in the Bible.
    ilevi likes this.
  3. Nanyanika Elikem

Yes very interesting indeed, definitely worth futhur study.
    ilevi likes this.
  4. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

Sister, I am NO boss at anything. I hope that I'm not giving this impression either lol. TMH is awakening a multitude of people in these last days and it makes me happy that others are also joining in on the uncovering of many tribes throughout the land of Africa. This is a collaborative effort and one that is dedicated to helping the people at large know who is who in these last days. Continue with this research, PLEASE! I am very interested in learning more and more, as well as many of the people on these forums I believe. I just wish that there was more people doing this as it doesn't take much to learn about the identity of any tribe above and below the Sahara. Besides, it's refreshing to have a different face presenting something instead of me all the time.

Here is a hint, look into UGANDA, specifically the BABUKUSU and the BAMASAABA. Present your findings to us when you've looked into them.

Again, GREAT work and I hope that you continue!
    acuriousblackman and HaHosiah like this.
  5. HaHosiah

HaHosiah New Member

Oh wow! How did you manage to discover these people? What tipped you off about them? How do you and ilevi manage to dig up the Hebrews scattered across the huge African continent? What is the secret?
    ilevi likes this.
  6. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

There is no secret, Brother. The way I learned was through Mawuli and how he showed us how to identify Erhverh across the land (through tradition, customs and oral histories). Although after a while, I began looking directly into the curses displayed in the scriptures, and of the tribes associated with them (like Ephraim and their curse of bareness and miscarriage in which wouldn't make them a "greater" people today). The book of Exodus and Leviticus were also my marks but, I went deeper than this. I looked at what the "experts" of Jewish history was telling us about certain tribes that they were putting on pedestals, and read between the lines. For instance, the ABAYUDAYAH in Uganda has the spotlight but, what about the surrounding tribes who they actually SHARE the language and identities with? These "Jewish" tribes are usually masking the ones that have the full-blown Erhverh identity. The tribes being masked are sometimes given the wrong tribal identity too, and people run along with it (like Rudolph Windsor stating the Ashanti had levitical customs or the Bamana being called Bambara/Mandinka). There is also looking into archaic history books, in which has helped greatly. This is how I came to unearth a number of tribes with Erhverh identity.
    acuriousblackman likes this.
  7. Nanyanika Elikem

brother Sorry i'm late, to responding. YOU ARE BOSS LOL, seriously you are doing very well. God is really using brother Mawuli to set the fire burning, The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches. The word says gather yourselves together O nation not desired, proof to what your saying about a joint effort of all Erverhs gaining knowlegde of their identity and spreading the good news of the future kingdom.

Our people in THE WEST caught up in false hebrew isrealite doctrine will not show much interest in looking for the tribes in Africa , Unfortunately the camps are promoting lies, hatred against our fellow african brothers and sisters, which will cause furthur detriment, division and will attempt to hamper effrorts of the regathering.

Their ARROGANCE is beyond human comprehension. So STUPID what right have they got to say who is hebrew, the only pure blood would be our family in Africa those who were not scattered to the four corners. The only people that can put a stop to our misery and can validate who we are our fellow erverhs in africa who have the culture, language.

Those camp guys are crazy, I've met Africans who are true hebrews, they are very humble people I belonged to african church who did certain hebrew customs, naming and blessing ceremonies that was my favourite church ever, I would visit again. thanks for the info I will look into it.
    ilevi and acuriousblackman like this.
  8. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

Shalom Sister. Thanks for the kind words but, I am really no one of any importance. Acquiring knowledge for the sake of sharing to the community is what kept me going! Even if there were elements that were tired of my voice and disinterested in what I had to say. I must say though that I am putting this "hobby" of mine to rest. The scriptures state that TMH would send someone to recover the Erhverh across the world, and again I don't want anyone to think that I am trying to take on a role that I was never called for in the first place. Although it was fun learning about many of the tribes scattered across the land, I am glad that this helped you learn more and I hope that you keep going and enlighten others. I have a "role" (more like a vow) to fulfill and basically left it off after finding one of the Levi groups (Dagaaba) lol.

The Hebrew Israelite communities are demolishing lives and identities! Not all is lost though as many still can be reached. One of the things I have done was challenge some of these individuals in hopes that something would spark into them, and it worked sometimes but for the most part, these people become vile in spirit and would start throwing all sorts of expletives when you also challenged their crazy personal beliefs. Don't be discouraged though, things won't be like this forever.