IRON VILLAGE: The Mossi Village of Dablo in Burkina Faso

Discussion in 'Black History Main Forum' started by Nanyanika Elikem, May 10, 2017.

1. Nanyanika Elikem

Nanyanika Elikem New Member

Posted this video on facebook, which I found on youtube called IRON VILLAGE: The Mossi Village of Dablo in Burkina Faso brother Mawuli recommended I post some information of the descendants of moses.

for some reason it won't allow me to post the video link, so just copy and paste title in youtube search box. to view te documentary.

In this particular village dablo the Mossi tribe are known for fashioning instruments made from iron this matches very well with scriptures, Amoungst many other customs viewed from this material.

Isaiah 54:16(KJV)

16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

KJV Dictionary Definition: smith

smith

SMITH, n.

1. Literally, the striker, the beater; hence, one who forges with the hammer; one who works in metals; as an iron-smith; gold-smith; silver-smith, &c. Nor yet the smith hath learn'd to form a sword.

2. He that makes or effects any thing.

Hence the name Smith, which, from the number of workmen employed in working metals in early ages, is supposed to be more common than any other.

SMITH, v.t. To beat into shape; to forge.Not in use.

smithing

SMITH'ING, n. The act or art of working a mass of iron into the intended shape.

Many of the customs seem to follow in line with scriptures of levites, for eg The formal organization of Mossi society is by patrilineal descent groups. Lineages are grouped into larger clans, Animal sacrifices, diet (millet etc), marriage (no intermarriage with other ethnic groups).

Still researching I’m an amateur at this. I will be back with more Information. I've found out quite a lot and it will take time sorting through.

unfortunately it won't allow me to add any links to internet resources, try wikipedia, everyculture, Encyclopedia.
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    ilevi likes this.
  2. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

Here you go. Remember though that the Mossi entity is not the true one of today. While the remnants Yatenga/Tengkabisi have been left behind, the majority of the "TRUE Mossi" are the DEGA MO, DAGAABA, and SISAALA. The Bagre rite reenacts the 40 days and 40 nights that Moses spent on the Mount when God was giving him the history of the world and the laws, and the Sisaala....Well they are special. Mossi today is mainly made up of strangers with the exception of the Tengkabisi clan. Shalom

3. Nanyanika Elikem

Very interesting information, thank you. I'm very new to researching it will definitely take time to sharpen skills., so this means the everehs in Africa are scattered amougst many tribes? just as the bible states.
    ilevi likes this.
  4. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

No problem. Everything is time and you'll learn how to distinguish between such and such. It took me a long time as well until I started understanding how to "read between the lines". The Erhverh are indeed scattered throughout Africa but I personally would say that the majority is in the western regions today. It's not very easy to locate them but, it takes time. Btw, here is the thread if you are interested:
    Shalom brother!

http://blackhistoryforums.com/threa...-tribe-extension-of-the-tribe-of-moshie.1437/
  5. Nanyanika Elikem

Thanks for the link, I am a sister lol
  6. ilevi

ilevi Active Member

Lol Sorry! Thanks for correcting me.
  7. Nanyanika Elikem

Lol No problem I understand.
    ilevi likes this.